Thursday, August 23, 2018

Race Cancelled this Week - Spaghetti Feed is Still On!

Yesterday we announced to the team of the decision to withdraw from the Jimmy Driscoll race this coming Saturday, so I want to let you know why. I have been really concerned about the air quality over the past two weeks and after doing some research the most important thing I found, when the air quality is in orange, is to reduce the intensity and volume of workouts. With our City Championship next Wednesday, we would only have 3 days of recovery if we raced on Saturday. Two high intensity races in 4 days in these conditions is just not enough recovery time and it's just not good for their health.  

I know this is late notice and I'm sorry if you had made arrangements, but I really think this is best for the health of the kids and will allow them to go on to have a healthy successful season. 
Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

Thank you
John Doherty
  

No comments:

Post a Comment