Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Plan - Grandjean is a go!

I have been in touch with the Ranger station in Lowman, the campground in Grandjean and the bus company this morning and this afternoon, from the information they have given us - 
We have decided to go ahead with the camp.  
Highway 21 is open and safe to travel. The bus company has also verified this. They will be making one more check in the morning before we leave. Communication with the campground has minimal smoke conditions over the past 3 days. The ranger station told me that a couple of campers stopped by yesterday and told them that Grandjean was very pleasant, with very little smoke. It was a little smoky today but air quality remained in the yellow zone, the same as down here in the valley. 

We want you to know that we will be constantly monitoring the conditions when we are up there and will only allow athletes to run in proper conditions. There is a possibility that wind conditions may change, which could bring more smoke into the area, so we will be watching for that, but the conditions have been good all week so far.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact myself or coach Hayes.
I know the kids are excited for camp and we are really glad that we didn't have to cancel.
However, we do have one more checkpoint to go through tomorrow morning. We will contact all three places again and will also follow the directions of the bus company. 
Thank you 

No comments:

Post a Comment